ZP-NE14-S Hard Drive Problem

Same problem Here, I also replace HDD with Another SATA Hdd - same Problem,
Also connect More Powerfull Power Supply with AMP meter only takes 1.95 Amp - Same issue

ZMODO - Fix YOUR FIRMWARE ISSUE!

Well this is frustrating. Someone dumped some junk in our yard, this was completely in site of the video, but when we went to look at the tape to see who did it it was blank. Very disappointed in Zmodo, it is not reliable and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. Had unit for about 8 months. Not even sure when it stopped recording. Zmodo needs to be reliable and fix this problem. We will be looking at other brands in the future. ZP-NE14-S.

I just found my system has not been recording since Jan 12th, 2016. The hard drive is full and although I have my settings set for it to overwrite, it doesn’t/won’t. This is a ZP-NE14-S, hardware version V40.0.0.1, software V40.0.2.14

Typically if the installed hard drive is not DVR rated, or if the power is insufficient/inconsistent, then you will have periodic issues with the system not overwriting.

Here is a link on our HDD recommendations.

Here is a link on our general power recommendations.

I have the same issue with the HDD. This is a ZP-NE14-S, hardware version V40.0.0.1, software V40.0.2.18. Zmodo needs to fix this critical issue.

Reply as linked Topic

I also have this issue, WD Purple 1tb, with v 2.14, when is there going to be a fix? or does one of the older versions of firmware not have this issue

update. System was replaced by ZMODO
hdd now recording, for how long - Dont know yet

This issue is not linked to firmware. Customers across multiple firmware versions report experiencing this issue. Please note that within this thread, some individuals report that it was working with V40.0.2.14, but broke with V40.0.2.18, and others indicate that it was working with V40.0.2.7, but broke with V40.0.2.14.

Our unit in house is currently on V40.0.2.18, and has never experienced hard drive issues.

There are a number of other factors that can cause this issue, and so we recommend troubleshooting with a Zmodo phone support representative while on location. We are available from Monday-Friday, 8am-7pm CST, and can be reached at 217-903-5037.

ZP-NE14-S Not Recording

It may just appear as a firmware problem with us users assuming it had to do with overwrite.

If this isn’t firmware then what is it? I’ve tried 2 different drives beside the one supplied by zmodo in the machine. Both of those (Wd purple, seagate AV) failed as well. The power issue isn’t the problem either as it worked fine for a few months and now it’s every other day I get the format message. Before upgrading firmware I didn’t have this issue. So Zmodo you need to get this figured out. If this many people are having an issue its NOT RANDOM. It is a quantifiable problem that needs to be addressed. To reply back to people saying your one machine hasn’t seen these issues is insulting. If your test group consists of 1 (one) machine then there’s a much bigger issue at play here. I’m ready to send my one unit back as its not doing me any good at this point. At least my second unit still functions. Well at least for now it does! Both are running Software v40.0.2.18, Hardware v40.0.0.1. - Both are on separate power outlets, both are running Zmodo supplied hard drives.

At the very least they could work around it in firmware. Why do I need to discover that my DVR hasnt been recording and I need to reset it to get it going again? If their firmware just reset itself or remounted the drive or whatever instead of just putting up a stupid message box that falsely states you need to reformat, no one would be giving bad reviews and telling people to stay away from zmodo.

There are a number of other factors that can cause this issue, and so we recommend troubleshooting with a Zmodo phone support representative while on location. We are available from Monday-Friday, 8am-7pm CST, and can be reached at 217-903-5037.

The most common cause for the issue is a power issue, either a spike or dip, this is why we recommend only using a surge protector, and not a power strip or extension cord.
The second most common cause for the issue is an incompatible hard drive being used with the system.
Another cause, a used hard drive that was not wiped prior to installing the hard drive in the system.
Those are 3 common causes for the issue, but they are not the only causes.

I also have same issue.
What is the compatible hard drive, exactly?
Which one is the best? I am ready to buy.

This is an amazingly annoying device. I’m a computer engineer that writes the system level software for industrial single board computers (basically the motherboard inside the ZP-NE14-S), and so I’m highly involved in both the design and support cycle of many devices. I would never have allowed this device to ship to a customer (other than maybe a first article to a very interested customer) with the number of issues I’ve run into.

The fact that I’m using a WD purple drive (zmodo recommendation) and that the overwrite feature does not work has irked me to the point that I’m going to replace my security system with something from another company that takes care of it’s devices properly. Also, within the first year, one of the channels stopped working. After some trouble shooting, I found that it’s not the camera that stopped working, but rather the port on the ZP-NE14-S.

If the issue cannot be resolved, we can set up an RMA for the unit to be repaired.

http://surveillance.zmodo.com/rma

Go to the end of the page after reading the policy to access the RMA form.

I would recommend calling support before sending it back, as there are a number of possibilities that can be resolved without sending the system back.

Hi had a similar problem and changed the SATA cable (red in my case) and it works like it should formats and records
fine like it did when i bought it. And SATA cable will do pulled one from my computer and plugged it in.

Yep got the same problem from the begining, purple wd drive also and ups protector but not working.
!! Hints, you don’t have to format the drive just reset the system and it will resume normally most of the time.