Web Interface Configuration?

I have the ZM-KW0001-1TB NVR and I would like to know how do I access the web interface locally and over the internet for the NVR? I have typed in the local IP into the browser, but it comes up an unable to connect page on firefox. Do I have to do anything special like port forwarding or something? TIA.

Zmodo cams haven’t supported a direct web interface for a while.

The cams don’t, but not even the NVR? Most have an interface…

Nope, they blocked all connections to the nvr, even from the same lan.
They found a security issue where they cameras were being used as a bonnet and what did they do? Fix the issue you would think… Nope.
Just block all connections and only allow their cameras / nvr to connect to their servers.
That means that without Internet you can not see your cameras on the same lan UNLESS you have a dedicated monitor for your nvr
Useless developers.
Useless products.

This is horrible to read. I thought it was just a matter of opening ports or something. It sucks because Zviewer is a horribly made program and we are stuck with using it. I won’t be buying Zmodo products ever again.

Be glad if you can still use Zviewer! right now, the only way to access it for me is either the website (no playback and only one cam at a time) or the android app

I can barely use zviewer, and the 4 feeds that come up on the screen at once are all the low def feeds for some reason. It only displayed the HD feed when clicking on a camera.