Hi Patty, I thought you should hear my input as a purchaser of more than 10 of your NVR devices and discuss how poor this entire experience of updating Firmware without the consent or understanding of the user is.
1) In the Western World it is NOT acceptable to remove functionality from a customers device without notice or giving the opportunity to consent. As every Zmodo device I have ever used supported Internet Explorer and many third party applications is not acceptable. Such an action here is Australia is dealt with under the Trade Practices Act and other consumer law. I expect similar consumer protection exist in most countries of the world.
2) The support offered via your email service is not acceptable. It takes many days of waiting to get a reply, and the issue of obtaining firmware to restore the functionality to what is was it fraught with delays, and risk.
3) You claim in some of your posts that reinstalling the older firmware would remove the warranty. I am in Australia, I purchased the items from a company representing ZModo here is Australia with a registered Australian Business Number. Under Australian Consumer Law it is illegal to make such a claim. I can only guess that the Australian operation is really just a front as the only phone number given is not answered by staff. When I reported this I was told via email that it is illegal to speak with ZModo under Australian Law. Of course this is nonsense. No such law exists. Your contention that the Australian Federal Police monitor for your compliance is laughable. If your Australian store is really just a contracted shipping agent and you have no staff here who can take calls, then please don't pretend to by having Australian Numbers. It would be insulting to Australian Consumers if this was the case.
4) I have no intention of knowingly or unknowingly ever sending video images from my home or business to a Cloud server. I want these images stored only on the hard drive I have fitted. I wish to view them via Internet Explorer as I was always able to.
5) Zmodo must learn to conduct through Quality Control on updates. Releasing poor updates like the most recent can destroy a companies reputation. With many inexpensiove devices in a competitive market place, ZModo run the very real risk of becoming irrelevant.
Up until recently I had recommended Zmodo/Funlux as a great, well priced, fast shipping alternative to some of the brands here in Australia. This entire episode has now dragged on for many weeks. I am still waiting for Frank or Daniel to reply with solutions. Of my 10 devices, only 1 has been fixed to date.
I hope you can resolve your issues, cut thru some of the delays and get back on track soon.