They did it again. meshare disabled. move to zomodo. no events

THEY DID IT AGAIN! THEY DISABLED MESHARE WITHOUT TELLING US. THEY MAKE US GET PISSED OFF AND GO TO THE FORUM OR CALL.

I CALLED AND WAITED 40 MINUTES, THAT’S RIGHT, 40 MINUTES TO FIND OUT THEY ARE MIGRATING US OFF MESHARE TO THE ZMODO APP. ( A FEW MONTHS AGO THEY MOVED US FROM ZMODO TO MESHARE WITHOUT TELLING US IN ADVANCE.)

ZMODO IS CRAP. YOU HAVE TO GO BACK AND FORTH TO CHOOSE EACH LIVE CAMERA INSTEAD OF JUST SWIPING. ZSIGHT WORKS BETTER.

TO MAKE THINGS WORSE, NEITHER ZMODO NOR ZSIGHT SHOWS ALARM EVENTS. ZMODO SAYS “NO CONTENT” AND ZSIGHT SHOWS GENERIC THUMBNAILS.

i ASSUME THIS IS THEIR MOVE TO FORCE US TO SUBSCRIBE TO THEIR CLOUD SERVICE.

I am having issues loggin in whenever i am connected to a WIFI , be it the internal wifi or external wifi. However when i switch back to 4G then i can actually connect to meshare and view the camera / notifications.

This is worrying as i do not really want to move to zmodo and update the firmware of the NVR because i am afraid that may not work as intended.

Can you try to login with 4g network and see if that works for you? Just wanted to make sure i am not the only one having this issue.

If you have updated your devices they will not work with Meshare at this time. However, the new Zmodo App along with the device updates work great. With all the updates you can view 4 cameras per screen and swipe to view the next screen. The alerts are also improved from snap shots to short video clips. I was also frustrated until I figured this out. Make sure you have the updated Zmodo App and update all of the firmware on your devices and I hope you are pleased as I am.

My DVR says it has the latest firmware. I have the Zmodo app from the Apple App Store, which, because I was directed there when I called, I assume is the latest version. As you see, I am connected to the internet by the same router as the DVR. I have rebooted the DVR, router, and phones a number of times. I still get no notifications (yes they are turned on and worked before this fiasco), or motion events.

Could you PM me with the device you have. Also are you on an iPhone on 11.1.2? We have some reports of customers not being able to log in with meshare after updating to 11.1.2. We have tested it with older versions and android and it works fine. Zmodo was update 11/20 to add support for DVRs

Sorry to hijack the post. I am on ios11.1.2 and i cant login to meshare on WIFI ONLY. I can however login in 3g/4g. Hope this help the tech department to fix this issue. Thanks!

Yes…I have the same isue with Meshare…timesout when trying to login…If we have to change apps, what’s the next one?

Try one more thing. Down load the Zsight App. It’s the original app for Zmodo. Go into that app and you will see the device list. Click on each device you have and tap on the gear icon on the top right of the screen. That will take you to the Device Settings. Scroll to the Notification Settings. Toggle the Notifcations button off and then back on. This procedure will correct the the alert issues most of the time. I sort of stumbled onto to this when I had exhausted all other measures trying to correct a Zmodo Mini Wifi Camera. I hope this works for you.

Yes, I tried all the switches in Zmodo, Zviewer, and the iPhone settings having to do with notifications, wifi, and cell data. Nothing worked.

The good news is that my wife got so pissed at us going back and forth with Zomodo and Zviewer and neither one working, she reinstalled Meshare and it works!!

Zomodo programmers are THE WORST programmers EVER and should be fired!!! If they are SCRUMMING this their supervisors should be hung out to dry by their thumbnails!! They need someone who can plan a project and THEN implement that plan so they have something that works correctly.

Use the Zsight App to toggle the switches. This will not work with Zmodo App or the Zviewer. The biggest thing going on now is that there are 4 apps that theoretically work with Zmodo Cameras. Zsight, the original app that is still functional only for issues like you have described. Meshare app that has not been updated at this this for the newer cameras with all the firmware updates. Then the Zmodo and Funlux Apps that are compatible with all the newer cameras and NVR’s. From what one of the support people told me, that they are in the process of updating the firmware on the digital systems and at some point all the apps will work with the exception of Zsight.

I think customer satisfaction is not the aim. Cloud subscription is the way forward. Next time check onvif compatibility before buying a camera.

If MeShare works, then that means your device is not on a version which is compatible with the newest platform.

If you are wanting to receive the alerts in the Zmodo app, check your firmware make sure that it is up to date.

If you are using an analog DVR, you will only be able to use MeShare at this point.

The Meshare app has not been disabled at any point. If you have been using MeShare exclusively, you can continue using MeShare exclusively.

I can not pull up alerts events since Android app update last week. I get notifications but when i go to events / alerts the wheel keeps tuning like it trying to load. All firmware is up to date. I also get tokenid is invalid {1002} when trying to contact support via the app.

@fordnatic which app are you working with, what is the firmware of the device?

zmodo app with 4.1.1.10 and a Samsung s4 sch-i545 android 5.0.1 , hw ver i545.06

Sorry, when I was asking for the firmware of the device, I was wanting the firmware of the Zmodo product.

v8.0.1.26 for all me cameras

Those cameras haven’t had any reports of alerts not showing after receiving a notification.

The wheel spinning in the alert section makes me wonder if it is just something not loading on the phone.

Have you tried viewing the alerts at user.myzmodo.com ?
Also, have you tried viewing the alerts on a different phone?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Don’t screw up MeShare, it is working great for me - alerts work, live video works EVERYTHING !! … but updated Zmodo is CRAP!!! alerts don’t work … it’s UGLy as F, and I cannot personalise it with my photos. WHAT i want is to ROLL-BACK Zmodo to the previous version, it worked great like MeShare.l

when i installed the app i used my cell number to connect. i see no where in the app where my email can be associated with my cell. so when i log in i can not find where or how to associate my cell number/zmodo app and cameras to the pc page.