Removing camera installation, reinstalling?

I have a ZH-IXU1F-W zmodo camera. I installed it using the zmodo app. It worked perfectly for a while. I mistakenly removed it from the app using the remove tab. However, it appears that the camera is still in the zmodo app…but does not show in my device list. It is also still connected to my WiFi device.

I can not view this camera using the zmodo app anymore.
I have tried to reinstall the camera, but since the zmodo app still has it partiality active, I can not. Is there any way that I can completely remove it from the zmodo app and reinstall it. It is a good camera and I hate to just throw it away.

I have five other zmodo camera’s and they are great and work just fine.

Thanks for any help that you may provide. Ray Wallace

Zmodo support can check to see if it is on the server. If you provide them with the camera’s Zmodo ID along with you account info, the can remove it on their end. You can then add that camera as a new device. I encountered the same problem a few months ago the the support person was great in helping me fix the issue.

A lot of issues with mobile apps require an app reset. You can do that by clearing its cache and/or its data. In some cases you may need to delete the app itself. Did you try any of that?