Recording Zviewer PC Playback

Is there a way to record/download playback in Zviewer PC (or any other platform really…) ?

I am able to record on PC the live stream without issue, but not playback.

Playback IS what needs to be easily recorded for easy sharing because rarely people will be in front of their PC when their house gets broken into.

Thank you!

I use web access to get to the NVR, then download what I need. If you’ve allowed your system to upgrade to the latest Zmodo firmware you’ve probably lost this ability. I have the ZP-NE14-S with version V40.0.2.7

Thanks, but indeed a firmware update was viciously imposed on me and destroyed
web access.

I guess I could do the whole flashback to past firmware thing. But there has to be a way
to do this simple adjustment to Zsight to let it record the darn screen (like it does on live view)

It’s crazy, that I would need to dig out the nvr from its hidind spot, or carry a TV around, then fiddle with a cheap mouse into an archaic UI just to get my recordings…

Yeah it’s sad. I think Zmodo believed they were doing their customers a favour by disabling the features that first attracted so many to the brand.

The NVR has a telnet client but Zmodo refuse to disclose the credentials that might otherwise allow us to develop a remote app to do exactly what you (and others) yearn for,

Zmodo knew exactly what they were doing. They were not doing their customers any favors by crippling their firmware. That could have been done by giving their customers options to use or not use whatever. They were tying their customers to a cashflow system. Very sad.

And they got the perfect crowd to do this to.

Truth is most of us were attracted to zmodo because we aint rich, so they can screw us as much as they want because we can’t afford lawyers to keep them accountable.

In two years they removed all features we bought the thing for.

Email, pc remote control, motion alarm…
To me it is absurd that I can record Live stream , even take pictures of it. But can’t do any of this with recorded playbacks.

Unbelievable…
And what about playback playing that can’t be accelerated and crashes everytime we need to skip forward or back… Insane… Takes for ever to find when incident happened.

And to think all of it can be fixed by any one who can code, but Zmodo wont release any part of the code to make it so.