Night vision no longer working

What is the exact model of your cameras???

We have a number of cameras mounted on the outside of our building, and it has definitely been colder then 45 degrees Fahrenheit.

I found one of my cameras stopped switching to night vision . I brought camera inside and took the back off and noticed it got water in it. I removed the guts and cleaned and dryed everything out put back together. The night vision does work, but only if you trigger it to stay on all time (operate manually). The auto mode no longer works. Probably due to the water. This is a outdoor camera and only 2 months old. It only has the back part that is removable to I put black electrical tape around the seam on all other cameras I have outside to keep water out. All others are fine.

If your night vision is not working, check for moisture and water inside.

Moisture issues can cause any number of issues. Occasionally you will find a camera where the seal was not seated correctly, or was defective. If water gets into an outdoor camera I would recommend setting up an RMA. The cameras will have at least a 2 year warranty, and we will want to get that resolved.

The camera came in a kit with a 7 other cameras and a Beam door sensors. I no longer have the box to ship it. For the price, Im not worried about hassle of warranty return. I found another use for it. Thanks. The Night vision still works, just have to operate manually.

I brought a set of 8 cameras with NVR HD from Amazon, installed about 2 weeks and one of the camera went dark in the night vision. Try to change camera and ports. But haven’t change cable yet.
All cameras are working fine at the beginning, This is the first one went bad (it is not bright as before) at night vision. Daytime it looks great. I am afraid the other cameras will go this way when time runs longer.

Patty, do you have any troubleshooting method to solve this problem?

Similar, unsolved issue here.
If the camera / system is powered down and its dark , the cameras will NOT boot in night mode. Picture is unusable until next day and night cycle. Then it works fine again.

There has to be a software way to address this bug?

Most of the newer products allow you to specify the night vision mode. What is the model and firmware version of your device?

Hello Patty,

Thanks for the swift reply,

NVR ZP NE14 S
HW 40.0.0.1
FW 40.0.3.02

Cams: ZP IBH15 S
HW: 799980092
SW: V 5.1.0.9

Tried many things, looked everywhere, no day/night settings. So far the only thing working is having a day, then next night all is fine. Still is a weird behavior. Just hoping power outages happen during the day ! Or nothing happens at night after one :confused:

If you have any ideas of things I could try/do that’d be great. Until then have a great day!

Cheers!

I guess I said thanks too fast… or the topic cannot be solved and I have fell into planned obsolescence :frowning:

On the phone app, you should be able to manually activate the Night mode. then it should work. One of my cameras stopped working automaticly so i have it manually turned on all time.

Hi David!

what phone app are you using? I have android Zmodo and Zsight and neither offer that option
(that I could find anyways) I did try however to switch mode in Zviewer in windows 7, which doesnt offer day or night mode, but I switched on and off every other options (50-60hz, indoor, outdoor, auto, reboot, etc)
nothing restores the night vision until the sun shines on it the next day.

It always been doing that, every time there was a firmware upgrade I kept hope they would fix it, but no wish come true yet

cheers!

NO IR LIGHT (DARK IN NIGHT VISION)
I have two of the outdoor cameras not working after heavy rain. It was found the water in the mini USB connector. I splice it with the new cable jumper which is from the good spare cable. The color pair is Orange/w orange and Blue/w blue. After repairing the cable, the IR come back to work (IR turn red when dark). But two days later, one of them went dark again. When I check the camera in dark, I hear a relay click but no red IR lights up.
Can anyone tell me where to check to determine the camera is still can be resettable? Or repairable?
A

NO IR LIGHT (DARK IN NIGHT VISION) Model: ZP-IBH15-S1
I have two of the outdoor cameras not working after heavy rain. It was found the water in the mini USB connector. I splice it with the new cable jumper which is from the good spare cable. The color pair is Orange/w orange and Blue/w blue. After repairing the cable, the IR come back to work (IR turn red when dark). But two days later, one of them went dark again. When I check the camera in dark, I hear a relay click but no red IR lights up.
Can anyone tell me where to check to determine the camera is still can be resettable? Or repairable?
A