Motion Detection not working properly

I have the ZP-KE1T04-S-1TB setup with motion detection at High. I have the camera pointed at my front door and driveway from about 20 feet away. I get several email alarms a day for shrubs blowing in wind, lights turning on/off and shadows. I never get an alarm when a person walks up to my door or when a car pulls into the driveway. The motion detection is working since I get alarms but I dont get alarms for the most important things! Is there something that needs to be adjusted?

Could you post a photo of your “motion detect area” setup screen? Sounds like it’s just backwards.

As a new member it wont let me upload a photo. When I check though ZViewer on PC it shows the area I want to capture motion detection on as shaded red and the other areas are unshaded. On the DVR I see the same thing.

Is there a duration that needs to be adjusted?

I had someone come to my door yesterday and was there for over a minute and I got no motion detection. I was able to go back and play the video to watch the person there. The only way I knew someone was at the door was the footprints in the snow.

I have the exact same problem with my 4 channel system did you ever get it to work?

Did you ever solve this? I have the same problem for 4 years. I guess it’s just lousy software.