How to reset NVR and start over

I have a Zmodo 720p HD WiFi 8CH NVR Outdoor Weatherproof Video Surveillance Security Camera System 1TB Hard Drive I bought from Amazon. I have 3 routers in the house. 1 is my main router, RT-AC5300 and then 2 RT-N66R’s wired and set up as Access Points. Everything was working great until I had to send one of my cameras back because the picture was purple. So I got the camera back and tried to add it back to the NVR and it wouldn’t work. I rebooted the NVR and then lost 4 of the cameras. I was able to get 2 more of them back and then add them to the Zmodo app on my iPhone. 2 of the cameras show solid blue lights but I can’t get them added back to anything. Now I have only 4 cameras showing on the NVR monitor. If I go to the NVR on the zmodo app I can see the 6 cameras I had connected before. Is there a way to reset everything and start over? I don’t see reset buttons or pin holes on the cameras so I don’t know how to make this happen.

I have sent 3 emails to support over the past week and have not received a response. I hope someone can help.

Been a week and no response from support. I have been promoting these cameras and this company for years now but I am starting to get a little frustrated.

I still can’t believe no response from support. I even tried to chat feature on their web site and nothing, it just clocks…

If you are wanting to contact support directly, the fastest way (even with the long wait times), is by phone.
We are available from Monday-Friday, 8am-7pm CST, and can be reached at 217-903-5037.

The forum is typically geared towards user generated content, and while I do try to respond to threads that are unlikely to generate a user response when I have a chance, typically Zmodo support’s interaction on the forum is focused on moderation.

To reset everything,
Check to verify that the NVR is wired directly to the device that is providing WiFi to the cameras.
Then press and hold the reset pinhole on the back of the NVR for a full 30 seconds.
The NVR will then send a reset signal to any wireless Zmodo product on that wireless network. The NVR will also reset itself.
Check the indicator lights on the cameras. They should be blinking green, which indicates that they were successfully reset.
Complete the setup process as indicated in the quick setup guide.

The program ZBatch will do a factory reset all Zmodo devices on the network including the NVR. Ask for it. You might want to have your router provide static IP address first so the devices get the same IP address back after the reset. Thank can make reconfiguration easier.

I used Zbatch to do a reset and now I am unable to re-add the cameras no matter what I try. Just get the flashing green LED, never finds the network or network doesn’t find camera. The app will sit there spinning all day if I let it. Any ideas?

I haven’t used zbatch, but I reset my nvr without removing the camera’s first, maybe the biggest mistake? Well now 6 cameras I had set up before do the same thing; blinking green, but no connection wifi connection appears from the cameras and they just keep blinking greenas if they are ready to set up. I’ll probably have to make my own post for this, and by the sounds ofit RMA it.

Are you still having issues with getting the cameras back online (LEDs blinking green and never get to solid blue)? I had the same issue and found a work around after ZMD_SAP didn’t show up.