Extend cable sPoE Camera

Hello everyone,

I just bought a BS-1024-B-2TB system. I need to install some cameras at distances greater than 98ft that the cables they provide me, I want to see if I can use some injector to help the signal reach the camera. It would be something like this:

NVR —> Zmodo Ethernet Cable —> Zmodo Repeater ----- Cat 6 STP-4cable patch ----->Injector----> Zmodo OEM Cable ----> Zmodo Camera-ZP-IBH15-S.

I found these injectors https://www.ebay.com/itm/151792273036

But I do not know if they are compatible because of the voltage issue, I think they are 19v.

In case it is not compatible, do you know where can I buy the zmodo injectors? it does not matter if it is 8 ports and only use it for 2 cameras. I have searched on their official website, but I only find kits.

Sorry for my bad English, but it’s not my native language.

Those injectors are 48V, using those with the 19V sPoE cameras would destroy the camera completely in only a few minutes.

Do you know what injector is compatible? Either a zmodo or some other brand.

I found this injector: https://www.amazon.com/Planet-POE-165S-802-3af-Passive-Converter/dp/B00F62UMO6/

20171122_14410720171122_144113

The technical service told me by email that is compatible. But I have doubts in the connection diagram. I attached it to see if I’m visualizing it correctly:

unnamed

Regards!

I’m sorry, I have no idea why they would tell you that the Planet PoE converter would work.
Our sPoE cameras receive power through 2 pins, 1(-) and 6(+). Pins 2 and 3 are used for data.
That injector transmits power on 4 pins 4,5(+) and 7,8(-).
Basically the power coming from that injector would be going to all of the cameras unused pins, so it wouldn’t do anything.

Generally there isn’t any need for an injector.

You can run the cables up to 250ft from the Zmodo repeater to the cameras. For longer cables, you can use a coupler, or a patch panel to connect the standard CAT5/6 to the camera cable.
You can also run the ethernet cable 250-300ft from the router to the Zmodo repeater.

Also, the cameras won’t have any problem being connected through a switch, but connect the NVR directly to the router. If the NVR is connected to a switch, you will eventually run into problems.

Does this coupler work?

IMG-20171124-WA0017

If so, should the Cat 5/6 cable be patched in some special way? (Pins 1 and 6 are power, pin 1 is negative and pin 6 is positive. Pins 2 and 3 transmit data to and from the camera.)

Thanks for your help!!

Regards,

Yes, that coupler should work. Any coupler that doesn’t crossover should work.

You can use a standard pin configuration on the CAT5/6 cables (most common T568B).

In your picture the NVR is connected to a switch. That is a bad idea. It will eventually become a problem. Connect the NVR directly to the router.

Thank you very much for your help!

The diagram would look like this:

It is right?

Regards,

Yes, that would be a good configuration.