Device offline message

I can see my live video feed on my Zsight app when I am home and connected to my Wi-Fi. When I leave and try to watch video feed from my office on the app I get the message “device offline”
Any suggestions?

Im having the same problem, any suggestions

What I’ve discovered is that it depends on the camera. Not sure if they upgraded the firmware in the newer cameras, but I had 3 older 720p IP cameras that now show as offline but the newer 720p camera is viewable in the meshare app. When I installed the older zsight app (from files.zmodo.com), all 4 cameras are accessible on 4g connections and WiFi away from the house.

I have exactly same problem. Can see them on my pc, tablet, phone fine but not on pc, phone from my office.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, AFTER RESTART THE SYSTEM WORKING, BUT AFTER 1 DAYS ZSIGHT AND MESHARE GO TO “DEVICE OFFLINE”?

Same problem here. Using it for 9 months with no issues until recently. I tried opening ports (which I didn’t need to do previously) and it worked for a day. Now back to not working at all unless I am on the same wifi network. No idea what happened. Zmodo, please figure out how to fix this!

Ezcam says offline I can’t get it to go online

I had the same problem when I installed the cameras the first day, the next day off line or re log in. I took cameras down, reinstalled the app put cameras up, and they worked, the next day same problem. I by accident found that if I slide the app off and start it again, the cameras are there and working fine, I have to do that when I leave the house, and connect to the work router as well. So if you get this message it may be as simple as sliding the app off and restarting it.