Anyone Else Think Latest Zmodo Mobile (Android) Update (v4.1.1.18 1/29/18) Is Crap?

Got the latest Zmodo update (v4.1.1.18 1/29/2018) on my Android phone (Galaxy S4) and now it takes for ever for the Alerts listing to appear (if at all) when I go into it and it is very rare that I can actually see the alerts on the Alerts Detail page.

My wife and I both get just a blank white page on the details page…previous version worked fine…this one seems to really suck. Website access still works fine but mobile is now useless.

Anyone in the same boat as us?

I use IOS and the latest update did the same thing on there.

I totally agree! I’ve had nothing but issues with my cameras and the “alerts” recently and the online help is useless. The techs in the chats have only one answer to any issue that I report. That is turn the camera off for 10 minutes and let it “sync”. This does absolutely NOTHING to address any issues that I am experiencing…ie: not getting notifications, alerts may show up on the mobile app or website account, or they may not show up. I will probably replace the 2 Zmodo cameras I have with something else… nothing but headaches with these cameras and the so-called support offered from Zmodo.

careful they will cancel your account

On the Galaxy S4, what is the Android version?
Additionally, could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

I had one user where it took a really long time to log in, then they uninstalled and reinstalled and the issue was resolved.

I had a user today report not getting ANY alerts at all on 2 outdoor wireless cameras, and then another customer who was getting alerts on 1 of their outdoor wireless cameras but not on the other. I confirmed that the issue wasn’t anything on their end. The server team is looking into the issue to determine if the issue is server related.

Hi Patty… I have now upgraded to a Galaxy Note 8 and did a fresh install on it…as did my wife on her new Note 8 as well.

The delays in the alerts list along with blank white on the details continue to exist.

Appreciate the update on this issue.

Why would zmodo cancel your account?

Just posting again…the app still doesn’t work right since the last update.

When is the next targeted release?

What is the issue again? I have the Zmodo installed on my Pixel 2 XL and have no issues

As mentioned in my 1st post… except now my wife and I both have the Galaxy Note 8 and the software behaves the same.

Also new is that when you go into the alerts list…when things actually appear…they are sometimes out of date/time order and you have to refresh 3-4 times before they are in the correct order.

The version is just a horrible upgrade…prior version we had no issues.

Original Post:
Got the latest Zmodo update (v4.1.1.18 1/29/2018) on my Android phone (Galaxy S4) and now it takes for ever for the Alerts listing to appear (if at all) when I go into it and it is very rare that I can actually see the alerts on the Alerts Detail page.

My wife and I both get just a blank white page on the details page…previous version worked fine…this one seems to really suck. Website access still works fine but mobile is now useless.

I am on the same version V4.1.1.18 and dont have any issues, when selecting events, all notifications take around 5 seconds to load. Yeah its a bit slow but all notifications appear correctly. Have you checked that all your cameras are in the correct time zone? If not, go to each camera, then go to settings and then click the 3 dots on the top right corner, select Device Timezone according to your location. Repeat the process for each camera you have in your account.

I would suggest you post a screenshot to show how all alerts show out of order and help the developer team find out if there’s really an issue, as I have not experienced your issue on my android nor my iphone.

All cameras on correct time zone.

I got tired of not getting any feedback from zmodo on the issue which is a real issue so I reverted to December release and presto… everything loads fast and accurate… I guess I will wait till next release to see if they resolve the issue.

It could be something to do with android version(7.1.1) and or phone hardware(Note 8)… but given two brand new phones and they both exhibit same behavior on same version of software (current bad, previous good) it isn’t a phone or camera thing…it is a software thing.

I have my suspicions they are opting to let the mobile issue linger and linger forcing movement to the “value added” cloud service for extra $'s.

I have android 7 on my Moto X Pure and don’t see an issue, also have a Pixel 2 XL on Android 8 and no issues so far. I checked on my IOs device, an iphone 6S and nothing either.